Fixed Deposit or FD is a good interest rate investment option. Andhra Bank offers a Fixed Deposit Account with a high interest rate. Fixed Deposit can open for the duration of a minimum of 7 days and a maximum of ten years. Fixed Deposit gives you a high-interest rate on your deposit amount. The Deposit minimum amount is depending upon the bank.
Benefits of Andhra Bank Fixed Deposit
- You get a higher interest rate on your fixed Deposit while comparing with saving accounts.
- Multiple fixed deposits can open.
- Andhra Bank also gives a loan on your fixed Deposit so that, you don’t need to break your Deposit for your need.
- You can get an Rs.1.5 lakh exemption under Section 80 C of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- If you are a senior citizen, then you will get a high-interest rate on your Fixed Deposit account.
Fixed Deposit Eligibility
- Fixed Deposits can open the name of Individual, Joint, Society, Company, Partnership, etc.
- The applicant must have a savings account in the Andhra bank.
Income Tax Facts on Andhra Bank Fixed Deposit Interest
If you are looking for income tax fact on Fixed Deposit interest, then you can check below:
- If Fixed Deposit interest is less then Rs. 40, 000/-, then the Andhra Bank will deduct TDS on interest.
- Interest earned on Fixed Deposit is taxable. It will treat as Income from Other Sources.
- If you don’t want to pay any TDS on Fixed Deposit, then you have to submit Form 15G and Form 15H in Andhra Bank.
Andhra Bank Tax Benefit Fixed Deposit
- Interest Rate is 6.5% for 5 years term deposits.
- The amount can not withdraw before five years.
- The deposit account can not transfer to another bank.
Andhra Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate
|Sl.No||Tenor||Less than Rs.2 Crore||Rs.2 Crore to Rs.10 Crore||More than Rs.10 Cr. to Rs. 25 Cr.|
|1||7 days to 45 days (#)||3.50||3.50||3.75|
|2||46 days to 90 days||5.00||5.00||4.50|
|3||91 days to 179 days||5.00||5.00||4.50|
|4||6 months to < 9 months||5.75||5.75||5.75|
|5||9 months to < 1year||5.75||5.75||5.75|
|6||1 year to 2 years||6.00||6.00||6.00|
|7||above 2 years to 3 years||6.10||6.10||6.10|
|8||above 3 years to 5 years||6.10||6.10||6.10|
|9||above 5 years to 10 years||6.10||6.10||6.10|
NRE ACCOUNTS With effect from 03.12.2019
|Period||Rate of Interest (%) p.a.|
|Less than Rs.2 Crore||Rs.2 Crore to Rs.10 Crore||More than Rs.10 Cr. to Rs. 25 Cr.|
|ONE Year to 2 Years||6.00||6.00||6.00|
|Above 2 Years to 3 years||6.10||6.10||6.10|
|Above 3 Years to 5 years||6.10||6.10||6.10|
|Above 5 Years to 10 Years||6.10||6.10||6.10|
FCNR(B) Deposits Interest Rates w.e.f., February 01st, 2020
|Currency||1 Year & above but less than 2 Years||2 Years & above but less than 3 Years||3 Years & above but less than 4 Years||4 Years & above but less than 5 Years||5 years|
Other Bank Services: