All banks supply a credit card to their users. If you lost your debit card or theft necessitating blocking it by yourself! It should go without saying that this guide provides comprehensive information about how to block Axis bank ATM Card step-by-step so as not overlook anything.
If you have lost your debit card or it has been stolen, follow these steps in order to block it and prevent unauthorized transactions:
1. Activate the alert system on your bank account. This will send an SMS or email notification to your registered mobile number if a debit card is used at an ATM or point-of-sale terminal that is not linked to your current bank account. You can also activate the alert system online by logging into your account and clicking on “My Account” on the top menu bar and then “Alerts & Notifications.”
2. Close all open accounts that are linked to the lost/stolen debit card. This will ensure that no funds are withdrawn from the account, even if someone uses the lost/stolen debit card without your permission.
3. Contact your bank and tell them that you have lost or stolen the debit card. Ask them to activate the block on your account.
4. Wait for your bank to send you a blocking code. This code will allow you to make future transactions only through authorized channels, such as ATMs and point-of-sale terminals. You will also receive a notification if someone attempts to use the blocked debit card at an unauthorized machine.
5. Keep the blocking code safe and secret, so that no one else can use the blocked debit card without your permission. If you lose or forget this code, contact your bank immediately to request a new one.
Requirements to block Axis bank ATM card
- Bank Registered Mobile Number.
- Your mobile number should be registered with SBI SMS Banking.
- ATM Card Number.
Ways to block Axis bank ATM card
- How to block Axis bank ATM card by SMS?
- How to block Axis bank ATM Card by calling customer care?
- How to block Axis bank ATM Card through Internet Banking?
- How to Block Axis bank ATM Card through Mobile App?
How to block Axis bank ATM card by SMS?
Simply send a SMS to 080-22222 with the following message: “Blocking Card Onwards” and the bank’s blocking code. For instance, if you are using Axis Bank, you would send the SMS “Blocking Card Onwards 9221”.
How to block Axis bank ATM Card by calling customer care?
If you cannot access your bank account online or through the SMS alert system, you can block your debit card by logging into your account . Follow the below steps:
1. Dial 1800-2222 from any registered Axis Bank mobile number.
2. Enter your 12-digit bank account number and select “Block Card.”
3. Follow the instructions to confirm your request and ensure that the blocking code is entered correctly.
4. Please note that this will prevent all transactions from being made using your debit card, including payments you have already authorized. To unblock your card, call 1800-2222 and follow the same steps as above until you reach an operator who can help you.
How to block Axis bank ATM card through Internet Banking?
1. Log into your online banking account .
2. Click on “My Account” on the top menu bar and then “Alerts &Notifications.”
3. Select the “Block Card” option from the drop-down menu.
4. Enter your bank’s blocking code and click “Confirm.”
5. You will receive an SMS or email notification informing you of the successful block.
6. If you need to unblock your card, please call 1800-2222 and follow the instructions provided.
7. Please note that this will prevent all transactions from being made using your debit card, including payments you have already authorized.
How to block Axis bank ATM Card through Mobile App?
1. Download the Axis Bank Mobile App from the App Store or Google Play Store and open it.
2. Tap “Menu” on the bottom right corner of the screen and select “Add Card.”
3. Enter your bank’s account number and Tap “Next.”
4. Enter your 12-digit bank account number and tap “Next.”
5. Tap “Activate.”
6. You will receive an SMS or email notification informing you of the successful block.