Your mobile number is associated with the SBI savings account lets you keep track of every transaction when you are on the go. In addition, it allows you to get updates throughout the day with your account. Additionally, you’ll receive alerts if a suspicious transaction occurs with the savings account. You must register your mobile number with your State Bank of India (SBI) account.
The Change or Update mobile number is an instant with the internet-based service. If you are new to banking, it’s crucial to sign up their mobile number. The bank they sent you notification about transactions they conduct (credit or debit) and get the OTP (One-time password) to finish the transaction and many more. If SBI customers want to change their mobile number registered with the bank, you can follow the steps below.
Register or Change Mobile Number Via Net Banking
- First, access the State Bank of India official banking website on your browser.
- On the next page, click “login” to your account.
- Log in to your online banking account with your login name and password.
- On the main page of your web bank account, click the “profile” link. After that, located on the top on the right side of your screen.
- The web page will now show various choices to select from, including managing the beneficiary. Now, choose a nickname for the account, changing your password for online banking accounts, and more; click “personal information” and click the “Personal details” link.
- The webpage will now display your personal information – name, email address, address for email, mobile number, etc.
- Enter your banking account’s username and password and click “submit”.
- Select the choice “change mobile number”.
- Select whether you would like to proceed with the OTP (one-time-password), ATM PIN or by calling the SBI contact centre.
- Then, select “create new request” “create new request”.
- Next, you must enter your mobile number and then enter it to complete the verification process.
- Click on “submit”.
- If you’ve selected the OTP option, An OTP will receive on the phone number you entered.
- You must enter the OTP and click “OK” to proceed.
After that, your mobile number will be linked to or registered with your bank account. You’ll receive a message confirmation via the bank regarding modifying the registered mobile number. Make contact with the bank immediately if you haven’t yet made the request.
Using OTP on both old and new mobile numbers
If you have chosen to use your old and new mobile numbers, then follow these instructions to finish the process:
- An OTP can be created and sent to your old and new mobile numbers.
- Once you have the passwords, you must send an SMS to two numbers within the next 4 hours. With the following this format. ACTIVATE to 5767676.
- After validating the OTP and the reference number, the mobile number will record within the bank’s record. You will receive a successful message to your upgraded mobile number for the identical.
Register or Change Mobile Number Via SBI ATM
Follow the steps listed below should you wish to change your mobile number via SBI ATM.
Follow the steps below for those who want to change their mobile number via SBI ATM.
- Go to the nearest ATM of SBI, insert your card at the slot for your card and select the “Registration” option.
- Then, enter your PIN and select the “Update your mobile number” option.
- Enter the old mobile number and press ‘Confirm’. After that, please enter the new mobile number and confirm it.
- The OTP is sent out to both your old and new numbers
- You have sent OTP and reference number to 567676 within four hours. Before doing so, you must have your old mobile and new mobile number. If you don’t have an old number, you will get a call from SBI Call Center to confirm the information. After verifying all, SBI will change your mobile number in your SBI Bank Account.